Terms & Conditions
BOOKING AGREEMENT: When a new reservation is made, a Booking Agreement will be sent by email and will contain the Terms & Conditions specific to the property being rented. The Booking Agreement must be signed before the Guest is given access to the property.
RESERVATION INFORMATION: A Summary of all Reservation Information (including Cancellation Policy, Deposits & Payments Information, Property, Guest Count, Arrival & Departure Dates, a Summary of Charges) is included in the Confirmation Message (sent by email, or available by logging into the website where the Reservation was made).
BOOKING & MANAGEMENT: This property is managed exclusively by Rockies Rentals on behalf of the owner. As each Property is unique and individually owned, moving to another Property may not be an option. The Guest acknowledges that they have done their due diligence in asking all necessary questions about the property, location, amenities and charges.
GUESTS & OCCUPANCY: Guest will be an occupant of the Property during the Rental Period, and understands the terms and conditions of this agreement. All Guests must be registered in advance (whether visiting for a short time or staying overnight). At no time can the Guest Count exceed the Maximum Occupancy of the Property. The Guest is responsible for Registered Guest behavior at all times and for ensuring that all guests comply with all Terms & Conditions. The Guest assumes the consequences for violations and/or damages incurred by their guests.
MINIMUM AGE: All Guests must meet the Minimum Age Requirement for the Property, with the exception of parents travelling with their children. If the Travelling Group has Guests under the Minimum Age Requirement for the Property, please contact Rockies Rentals for approval.
UNREGISTERED GUESTS: Please contact Rockies Rentals to register all guests in advance.
- 1-10% Increase over Registered Guest Count – 10% of Nightly Rate
- +10% Increase over Registered Guest Count – 25% of Nightly Rate
- Over Maximum Occupancy – Additional Guests will be asked to leave the property immediately, in addition to the above charges.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: The Security Deposit will be released in full, provided the following:
- No damage is done to Property or its contents (beyond normal wear and tear).
- All contents removed from the Property have been returned.
- No Additional Charges are incurred due to Smoking, Unregistered Guests/Pets, or Additional Cleaning.
- The Departure Checklist has been completed.
In the event of a dispute concerning any portion of the Security Deposit being withheld, arguments shall be settled through arbitration or the Provincial Court of Alberta (Canmore Location).
PAYMENT POLICY: Reservations over 60 days have different payment options. Please contact Rockies Rentals for details. ALL PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE, unless communicated otherwise by Rockies Rentals.
- 25% Payment is due at the time of booking.
- 25% Payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- There are no payments due after a reservation has been cancelled.
STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY:
- ALL PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
- Cancel 14+ Day Prior to Arrival: 95% Rental Credit/5% Cancellation Fee
- Cancel less than 14 Days Prior to Arrival: 75% Rental Credit/25% Cancellation Fee
- Cancel less than 2 Days Prior to Arrival: 50% Rental Credit/50% Cancellation Fee
- The Cancellation Policy applies to payment received by Rockies Rentals. Payments made to Travel Agents or other Service Providers (VRBO, AirBNB) are subject to the Cancellation Policy of the Travel Agent or Service Provider.
- Rental Credits can be used at any Rockies Rentals property, for a reservation commencing after the Original Check Out Date.
- Notice of Cancellation must be sent by email.
- Losses due to Cancellation can be avoided with the purchase of Cancellation Insurance. Cancellation Insurance to cover the Guest’s loss is the responsibility of the guest.
“NO EXPLANATION CANCELLATION” UPGRADE:
- Within 24 hours of a reservation, the Guest can add the NEC Upgrade by contacting Rockies Rentals.
- With the NEC Upgrade, Rental Credits are refundable at the request of the Guest.
- The cost to upgrade is 10% of the Total Reservation. The upgrade cost is Non-Refundable.
- Refunds will be processed using the same method of payment and may be subject to fluctuations in Foreign Currency Exchange Rates.
LATE CHECK OUT: The Check Out Time is included in the Confirmation Email, and may be adjusted by contacting Rockies Rentals for advanced approval. A charge will be billed for all unapproved Late Check Outs.
- 15-60 Minutes Late: 10% of Nightly Rate
- 60-120 Minutes Late: 20% of Nightly Rate
- 120-180 Minutes Late: 50% of Nightly Rate
- More than 180 Minutes Late: 100% of Nightly Rate
SECURITY: Guest & Property Security is very important to us. If any item that gives Property Access (Keys, Garage Door Opener) has not been returned to the Property upon Check Out , a Locksmith Charge will apply (CAD$75.00 Per Lock).
USE OF PROPERTY: If the Guest’s visit to the area includes, but is not limited to, commercial filming, attendance at a wedding, anniversary, birthday or bachelor(ette) party, this must be disclosed to Guest Manager within 24 hours of booking. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to review.
UNAVAILABILITY: If the Property becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the control of Rockies Rentals, Rockies Rentals may substitute a comparable unit or cancel this Agreement and refund in full all payments made by Guest. Guests will be notified of Property Changes.
QUIET TIME: The Guest Manager quiet time rule is 9:00 pm to 9:00 am and is strictly enforced. Any complaints from neighbors regarding excessive noise or other nuisances during Quiet Time may be cause for immediate cancellation and/or eviction.
LOST & FOUND: Guest Manager assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Reasonable effort will be made to contact the Guest to return found items. Costs to return the item to the Guest shall be the responsibility of the Guest. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days may be donated or sold.
HEATING: All Properties have Heating Units. Guest agrees that the Temperature Control will be set between 55 to 75 degrees, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when heat is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of, or malfunctioning HVAC units. Guest Satisfaction is the Guest Manager priority, and the Guest Manager will be diligent in resolving any concerns with the HVAC Unit.
UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES: Guest Manager will not assume liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused by, but not limited to, the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, road closures, pests, construction, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds available as such instances are beyond the control of Management. It is highly recommended that the Guest arranges Trip or Rental Insurance.
GUEST SATISFACTION: It is the responsibility of the Guest to notify Guest Manager of any dissatisfaction regarding the property immediately upon discovery. Guest Manager will diligently attempt to address any issues. Guest Manager and/or the Property Owner will not accept liability for any temporary dissatisfaction outside of the control of the Guest Manager. Guest Satisfaction is the Guest Manager priority, and the Guest Manager will be diligent in resolving any concerns with the Property.
RELEASE: The Guest hereby releases and discharges Guest Manager, the Property Owner, affiliates, agents and employees, and their successors and assigns, from any and all liabilities, suits, claims and/or demand actions or damages (including attorney’s fees and disbursements) incurred by the use or intended use of the Property. This includes, without limitation to, all claims or claims for property damage, personal injuries or wrongful death except to the extent that such loss or damages is the results the gross negligence of any such party. This release is also binding on Guest heirs, assigns and agents, assignors, executors and administrators. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
Property Specific Terms & Conditions
As each property has unique amenities, there are Terms & Conditions that vary based on the property the Guest has rented.
SMOKING POLICY: A Smoking Fee (CAD$250-$1000) will apply if there is smoking anywhere in or on the property (including balconies, patios, yards, and garages).
PET POLICY: A Pet Fee (CAD$250-$1000) will apply if there is a pet anywhere in or on the property.
PARKING: The Guest is responsible for ensuring that all vehicles are parked according to the Parking Information for the property. Recreational Vehicles (Trailers, Motorhomes, Campers, Boats) are not allowed to be parked onsite.
REGISTERED DOGS: This applies to properties that allow pets.
Registered Dogs may be onsite, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- That the Guest will use the provided Dog Blankets to cover any furniture that the Dog(s) would like to enjoy.
- That the Dog will be allowed out of the Guest’s unit or yard only under the complete control of a responsible human companion, and on a hand-held leash or in a pet carrier.
- That any significant damage to the exterior or interior of the premises, grounds, flooring, walls, trim, finish, tiles, carpeting, or any stains, etc., caused by the Dog will be the full financial responsibility of the Guest and that the Guest agrees to pay all costs involved in the restoration to its original condition.
- That the Guest will take reasonable action to ensure that the Dog is free of fleas and ticks.
- That the Guest will not leave the Dog unattended for any undue length of time. If the Dog needs to be left unattended, they will be secured in a pet carrier or left in an area of the property where damage is unlikely (The Garage, for example).
- The Guest will diligently maintain cleanliness of Dog sleeping and feeding areas.
- That the Guest will prevent Dog from engaging in behaviours or creating excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbours or wildlife, including, but not limited to, barking, jumping, and running.
- That the Guest agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Property Owner, Guest Manager and Booking Agent against all liability, judgments, expenses (including attorney’s fees), or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to property of any kind whatsoever caused by the Guest’s Dog.
AIR CONDITIONING: This applies to properties that have Air Conditioning Units. Guest agrees that the Temperature Control will be set between 72 to 78 degrees, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when air conditioning is in operation. There are no refunds for lack of, or malfunctioning HVAC units. Guest Satisfaction is the Guest Manager priority, and the Guest Manager will be diligent in resolving any concerns with the HVAC Unit.
LANDSCAPING/SNOW REMOVAL: This applies to properties that have private exterior yards and driveways.
Landscaping and Snow Removal Staff will access the exterior of the property to perform their duties.
HOT TUB, POOL, and SPA ACCESS: This applies to properties that have private or shared hot tubs, pools, and/or spas.
Guest will take responsibility to receive all information regarding the risks and hazards involved with using the Hot Tub/Pool and with simply being present within the facility. Guest has full knowledge of the nature and extent of all the risks associated with the usage of the Hot Tub, including, but not limited to:
- All manners of injury resulting from slip and falls with the possibility of slipping, falling, landing in such a manner to cause damage or injury to your person, contact with hard surfaces, contact with permanent or temporary structures or other items, or other people.
- Slippery surfaces due to spilled/splashed water which will form into ice very quickly in winter months.
- Injuries resulting from sensitivity to chlorine or bromine.
- Cuts and abrasions resulting from broken glass in the Hot Tub. Glass should NEVER be near the hot tub for any reason, at any time!
- Injury resulting from failure to follow the standards of safe practices and/or the instructions, and from failure to ask for information.
- Guest further acknowledges that the above list is not inclusive of all possible risks associated with being present within and/or the use of the Hot Tub.
- All accidents must be reported to Guest Manager immediately.
- Any actions requiring the Hot Tub to be drained and refilled will be charged $250. This includes breaking glass, evidence of lotions/oils, or foreign objects clogging the filters.
FITNESS ROOM & EQUIPMENT ACCESS: This applies to properties that have Fitness Room and Equipment Access.
Guest acknowledges and agrees as follows:
- Use of The Fitness Room involves physical exercise activities that may cause injury. Guest understands that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in any physical exercise activity. Guest Use of the Fitness Room & Equipment is a voluntary activity in all respects. Guest assumes the full risk of any injuries (including death), damages, or loss which may be sustained as a result of using the Fitness Room & Equipment, and with simply being present within the facility.
- All accidents must be reported to Guest Manager immediately.
- Guest agrees to adhere to all posted Fitness Room & Equipment policies and rules.
ROCK WALL AREA: This applies to properties that have Rock Wall Areas.
Guest acknowledges and agrees as follows:
The sport of rock climbing and use of the Rock Wall Area involve inherent risks. Guest will take responsibility to receive all information regarding the risks and hazards involved with climbing at the Rock Wall, and with simply being present within the facility.
Guest has full knowledge of the nature and extent of all the risks associated with rock climbing and the usage of the Rock Wall, including, but not limited to:
- All manners of injury resulting from accidental or purposeful falls from the Rock Wall with the possibility of landing poorly, landing in such a manner to cause damage or injury to my person, contact with hard surfaces, contact with permanent or temporary structures or other items, contact wall faces or other people.
- Injuries resulting from other climbers, falling climbers, moving or dropped items.
- Injuries resulting from spotting other climbers or being spotted by other climbers.
- Cuts and abrasions resulting from skin contact with the Rock Wall Area surfaces.
- Injury resulting from failure to follow the standards of safe climbing procedures and/or the instructions, and from failure to ask for information.
Guest accepts full responsibility for their own safety and the safety of all other guests while using the Rock Wall Area and agrees to abide by and enforce the following safety policies:
- All climbing is prohibited except in designated climbing areas;
- Any guest suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to use the Rock Wall;
- All guests must wear appropriate shoes (climbing shoes or running shoes) for climbing on the Rock Wall
- Guest will inform Guest Manager and all other guests of any situation seen as unsafe, or not in accordance with safe climbing policies.
- The Rock Wall will remain locked when not in use, and Guest will be responsible for locking and unlocking the Rock Wall area.
- All accidents must be reported to the Guest Manager immediately.